Wednesday, November 23, 2011

We're celebrating. Does it look like a celebration to you? It should because we have things like a blanket, pizza, candles, rootbeer and smiles. We're having such a dandy time. Celebration is a wonderful thing. There is a very important reason we celebrated this night, though. Can you guess why...
I lost my job at Starbucks. I was late 3 times over 6 months, and I guess they had enough. It was humbling and sobering. 9 months ago, when Keri and I felt like God wanted us to get simple jobs--I never expected that I'd lose mine. It was hard to "fail" at something so "easy." Keri was wonderful, and extremely supportive. She reminded me that my value is in Jesus by the way she treated and trusted me. And she reminded me that God's hand is in everything that happens even our own mistakes. So that night, I treated her to a candle lit dinner, under a starry sky, to let her know how special she is to me. What a great thing to celebrate; a wonderful wife, a lost job and a faithful God.
Pray for us as I am 3 weeks into looking for a new job. God's timing is good, and He knows what He's doing, so we're learning to wait patiently in Him.



No comments:

Post a Comment