Friday, May 16, 2014

Fat and Rich Food

We love food. People love food. We even Instagram about our food. There is something so satisfying in taking a juicy bite of steak, a succulent swallow of sweet fruit, and satisfying a delicious craving of the moment. How cool that being satisfied by food can shed light on the way in which the Lord satisfies our souls.
__

"My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food, and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips, when I remember you upon my bed, and meditate on your in the watches of the night; for you have been my help, and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me." Psalm 63:5-8
__

God, thank you for satisfying our souls like you satisfy our appetites. You remind me so often of your presence when I am lying in bed. You bring me to a sweet place of surrender and relinquishment, then drift with me to sleep where I am out of control and You can establish the work You have done! Bring me to meditate on You when I encounter sleepless, restless nights, Holy Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment